EMS Planning and Certification
Versar offers key staff with ISO 14001:2004 Lead Auditor training in RABQSA-EM on environmental management systems, RABQSA-AU in management systems auditing, and RABQSA-TL for leading management systems audit teams. Versar is trained in development, implementation, and continual improvement of these management systems.
Our certified staff offers years of experience in supporting the development and continual improvement and sustainability of management systems. In addition to our ongoing and prior work with the US Army at Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield, GA; Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA; and Fort Carson, CO; Versar has successfully implemented EMS and training for two major metropolitan transit authorities.
Our approach to ISO 14001 Certification and registration follows a step-wise approach to the development and establishment of the EMS, providing focused training and auditing at each phase that considers the size of the organization and available resources:
- Phase 1 – Commitment and establishing a baseline
- Phase 2 – Identifying and ensuring compliance with legal and other requirements
- Phase 3 – Developing objectives, targets, and programs
- Phase 4 – Implementation and operation of the environmental management system
- Phase 5 – Checking, audit, and review
- Phase 6 – Environmental management system acknowledgment
The Versar approach is focused on environmental performance, allowing our customers to quickly realize results and associated benefits such as cost savings, process improvements, increased awareness, and measurable performance enhancement.